Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 04-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
Comike14

Howdy from Virginia

Hi All,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new rider from Virginia--just started riding about 4 months ago (yeah, through the winter, but it's so fun!). Was on a friend's 250 Verago for most of that time, but I just recently bought my own--you guessed it--GZ250. I've already found this forum to be a treasure trove (owner's manual, service manual, user input), and this is my first post! Glad it's here, and I'm glad I found it.

Mike

:rawk:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

We're glad to have you.
Welcome aboard.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
badfun

Send a message via AIM to badfun
Gratz on your new bike!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
LilNinja77

What part of VA are you in? I'm in the Suffolk/Holland area right now, going to be moving over to Blacksburg/Radford area at the end of the month. Have fun and ride to be seen!
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~
Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #5
Comike14

Thanks for the welcome, fellas! Good to be here!

Ninja,
I'm in Charlottesville. Sounds like you're about 4 hours east of me now, and will be moving about 4 hours south. Heh--its a big state. Maybe we could get a crew together sometime to ride the Parkway--it's absolutely beautiful.

And as for the safety, I just finished the MSF course this weekend. Best class I've ever taken. I highly recommend it to anyone even considering touching a bike--not only has it make me a better and safer rider, but I'm a better and safer driver too. Incredible class, and well worth the price and time. Werd!

Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
LilNinja77

Ah, that is a bit of a ride, isn't it?

I keep trying to get my butt out to Meadow of Dan to hop on the Parkway and ride it all the way down to Cherokee, NC......now that's a day full of curves :rawk: but I'm lazy and never seem to get around to it :sad: . Ugh, I need to just load everything on the bike and mosy on down there to hit the twisties.

As for the MSF, yes it's pretty awesome, probably the best $125 I've ever spent. I took it as a complete noob to motorcycles and riding, and credit it for getting me in the saddle. I want to sign up for the advanced course sometime just to go back and participate in the fun again. In my local riding group there's a couple who both used to be MSF instructors (IIRC they were some of the first ones in VA) and we always like to set up little training courses and go through the exercises every now and then just so we can all stay fresh with our techniques. The husband, who rides a Shadow 750 A.C.E. and I will get riding around in a circle going against eachother and it's probably the most fun I've ever had while riding. I'll be on the inside of the circle going clockwise and he'll be about a half-foot away going counter-clockwise, when we intersect it feels like we're gonna smash in to eachother we're so close........it's quite a rush and really emphasizes the whole "look where you want to go" exercise, it's quite easy to want to stare at the bike coming at you!
NOTE----I don't recommend trying that unless you really know how the other person rides, there's quite a bit of trust involved in that manuever.

There's an abandoned warehouse about 15 minutes away from me that has a huge parking lot I use as my personal practice area.....even better is that there are some nice curvy backroads that lead to it :2tup: Glad you enjoyed your time taking the course as well, I refer just about anyone and everyone to it too....regardless of whether they already know how to ride or not.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~
Old 04-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comike14
Thanks for the welcome, fellas! Good to be here!

Ninja,
I'm in Charlottesville. Sounds like you're about 4 hours east of me now, and will be moving about 4 hours south. Heh--its a big state. Maybe we could get a crew together sometime to ride the Parkway--it's absolutely beautiful.

And as for the safety, I just finished the MSF course this weekend. Best class I've ever taken. I highly recommend it to anyone even considering touching a bike--not only has it make me a better and safer rider, but I'm a better and safer driver too. Incredible class, and well worth the price and time. Werd!

MSF is worth every penny. Also get the riding gear for protection. Dress for the fall, not the ride. "ATGATT". All The Gear All The Time.