Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 05-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
nhcop

My first trip to work on the bike.

Today I woke up extra early because I was so exited to ride to work for the first time. It was a bit cold and foggy on the way it but it was a blast. Once I was at work though I realized that today was one of those days that I needed to go home in uniform (im a cop in case you couldnt tell by the name). Fortunalty I was able to put my gun belt in a backpack and my jacket covered up my shirt. The ballistic vest just made for added protection in case of an accident. The bike ran great and the battery didnt give me any issues. Sounds strange but I cant wait to go back to work so I can ride her again.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
GZ Jess

Re: My first trip to work on the bike.

My hubby is a cop as well and it always cracks me up when he puts his biggest stretchiest coat over his duty belt and uniform to ride to work! He looks so obvious and misshapen! Congrats on the successful ride!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Armed and riding, sounds good to me.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
bonehead

Don't leave home without it!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
dannylightning

i saw this cop that looked like he was yelling at this older guy on a motorcycle at a gas station one day, he looked really pissed and was pointing, the older guy was not even on his bike, he was standing next to it doing something or the other, i was wondering that the guy had did, i was stopped at a read light and watching it. next thing i know i see the cop in uniform walk over to his bike at the gas pump and the old guy got on his bike and pulled up next to him than they rode away lol.

that cop was riding in his uniform, i thought that was kind of cool. i have a lot of friends that are cops some of them ride their bikes to work also, not sure if they ride in uniform or not.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
GZ Jess

The only reason my hubby doesn't ride in uniform is because he doesn't want to be a target! Plus he doesn't like to be able to be followed to and from work. I wonder if that cop was working on the bike. Hubby's department has some bikes but he is too short to ride them LOL!

DannyLightning, we are just south of you in Canton.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
dannylightning

that is understandable, pretty easy to run a bike off the road if you wanted to. that is one reason i don't understand why some places have motorcycle cops, i think that is super dangerous for the officer

that guy was not on a police bike so i don't think he was working plus if he were i think he would fill up the bike at the police gas pump instead of the bp station unless he needed gas right away. he was riding a all back harley

canton huh, not to far away at all, if you want to go riding some time let me know. send me a pm or something, i usually get on here a few days a week