Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 09-07-2006, 02:56 AM   #1
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
I cant beleive i did this......

So far this year since i got my GZ i've put on about 3500 miles on it. After i hit the 2000 mi mark i started complaining that i needed something bigger, that ive outgrown the GZ. Then i hop on it and go for a ride and that thought quickly leaves my mind. I love to hate this bike lol. I've put alot of work into it and made it better than it was when i got it. I've rode it on many trips cruising around getting lost and seeing local sights. I've had fun telling people its only a 250 and watching their amazement not beleiving something so 'cool' looking could be that small. I've dedicated a blog to it, i've dedicated a forum to it.

I drove the GZ to my mothers house today and pushed it into the garage and closed the door. Hopped a ride with my sister down to my fathers to meet some people who were bringing me my most recent Ebay purchase.

Tonight i went and picked up my 2001 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750 :cool:

I 'all of a sudden' came into a good sum of money and the wife said "Go buy yourself a bike that you like". I thought she was nuts at first O_o But she wasnt kidding. I found this on ebay and it took me all of 12 hours to do some research and i fell in love with this machine. A click of "buy it now" and 9 hours later it was being delivered by the owner at my fathers house.

We unloaded it (my dad jumped right on it and said wow this feels great! thanks dad, i paid 3800 bucks for it and u sit on it first :lol and ran directly to the notary to get the title swapped. We got back rather quickly and he fired it up for me. Now, i dont curse much in my posts but holy shit! I about died when i heard that exhaust thundering out of those pipes. We shook hands and parted ways. I rode the bike around the apartment complex to my dads garage (amazing how fast you can go in 1st with these compared to the GZ). We looked it over, polished a few things on it. My father kept saying how nice it looked and how much i would enjoy it.

I fired it up, put on my helmet and pulled away. Oh ... My ... God. The mods this guy did to this bike makes it so quick off the line. The thunderous roar out the Cobra pipes makes me want to pee my pants. I head down the highway in total amazement at how well it picked up speed. How well it shifted. How well the throttle response was. How well the horsepower was. How well i fit the drag bars and huge gas tank. I swear they made this bike custom fit for me lol.

People actually turned their heads to check out the bike. That was one hell of a feeling. I got something "cool" that makes people rubberneck lol. I felt very comfortable on the bike the whole way home. Sure is a great feeling to be on a finely tuned machine like that.

I stopped to show my mother and sister who liked the color. Shows they arent 'motorcycle' people lol. Stopped to show my friend and his brother, both of whom were drooling at the chrome and pipes and drag bars and seat and and and .... They said i done darn good picking this out and wished they had one. Seal of approval from my peers was complete.

(Boy i should have put this on my blog LOL)

So yes, i have garaged the GZ for future sale and am moving on to my new toy which will be babied with about $600 in extras over the next few days and a nice black ghost flame job over the winter. I cant beleive i did it. Im still in shock that i am leaving my little one behind! Thought for sure i'd have that GZ well into the end of next year.

If you are wondering, heres what the specs are on this particular bike i purchased.

2001 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750

2100 miles

Accessories:
-Cobra drag pipes
-Cobra Pro Hypercharger and K&N filter
-Mustang Vintage Cruiser Seat
-Slender Brake Light
-Kurykahn Mirrors
-Cobra Jet Kit
-Deep yellow paint with pearl/metal flake (tank repainted to remove decal) Pictures do not do this paint justice at all.

Whats to happen to the GZ forum? Its staying right here and so will i. I will be here to help out as always. I am going to ask a few select members to join the crew and help run things here. Those who are diehard longtime GZ owners will be asked aboard. We are gaining steam slowly and i think as people find out about us this forum will help alot of people.

BTW, i dont have to sell the GZ, so it will still be around till someone decides they want it. I may sneak a ride or two every so often for fun :tongue:

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
GZ250

Re: I cant beleive i did this......

read and you can feel the excitment like my son had when he got his NURF gun.................

actually real nice bike, still with you............