Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
joshf123

Replacing rear frame cover bolts

Hey guys. One of my rear frame cover pieces is missing one bolt, and the other is barely holding on because the nut is rusted to it. i can get my fingers underneath the passenger seat and work a new bolt into the hole, but i can't get a grip on it to tighten the nut. it appears as though i have to completely remove the entire back part of the bike to get this done. could someone give me a step by step on how to replace these bolts? any input is appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: Replacing rear frame cover bolts

Search through the board a bit. Many of us have done something like this when putting on saddle bag supports, sissy bars or other farkles. Here's a good thread on it, if I'm fully understanding your dilemma.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1346
Old 03-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
joshf123

i got it. it was actually pretty easy once i realized a wrench has 2 sides lol. the head of the bolts are hard to grip once you get them into the slots, so the easiest way i found to do it is to slide the bolt into the slot, work the circular end of the wrench around the head of the bolt, and just hold it there with one hand while tightening the nut with another wrench. it was fairly easy once i got the wrench to lock onto the head of the bolt. thanks for replying and i hope my method will help others in the future

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #4
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Sounds like the method I used.