Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
ratioutput

Another Fork seal question

Hi guys.. well I changed my fork seals for the first time and almost passed out from heat-stroke..no joke. I have a few questions.

-Oil height:
I measured out the correct fork oil in a beaker, poured it in each forks but didn't measure fork height. Where is the oil height measured from...top of the inner tube to the top of the oil?

-Break Caliper:
Is there a trick to remounting the break caliper, (put tire on first then caliper? or other way around) I have my caliper zip tied out of the way because I couldn't shimmy it back over the disk. I don't remember squeezing the breaks with the caliper off the disk either.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: Another Fork seal question

I just took my caliper off to check the pads (I can never see them while mounted) and it slipped off and right back on. You might have to take the cap off the master cylinder and compress the piston on the caliper to get some room. It should just slide on after the wheel and rotor are already mounted, but you pretty much have to get it in the right position for it to work right.

You can post updates to your own threads too...let's try and keep one topic to one thread if at all possible.

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
ratioutput

alright

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
Sarris

You can't push the caliper pistons in unless you open the bleeder. Open the bleeder, push the pistons in, close the bleeder, replace the pads, and reinstall the caliper. You'll have to top up the reservoir. If you are quick about it, you shouldn't have to bleed the brakes.