Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media > Mugshots

Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
GTGZ

It's Pat

This is me on my GT750

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: It's Pat

That bike looks like it's in incredible shape. Very nice.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

That is one good looking Water Buffalo. How many miles are on it ? Any history on maintenance and repairs over the years ?

Old 01-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
GTGZ

Thank's!! It's a 10ft bike :roll: The pic makes it look better then it is. The GT was a $405.05 POS from ebay in April 2006! It needed all kinds of parts! The only thing it had going was the engine turned over with great compression. Carb slides, master cyl, calipers & rear brakes we stuck, battery had cracked and there was a lot of rust on the frame from the acid. I got the engine running first and rode it around out in the country to make sure the engine was ok. I stripped everything from the frame and started from there. I have about $1800 in the GT and started riding it on Mothers Day 2007 It had 20,000mi when I got it and it now has 38,000mi on the clock. The engine is all org. I had to replace the head gasket 8,000mi ago, thats the only major problem so far (knocks on wood) I think the left side crank seal is going bad because it smokes more from the left cyl more then from the other 2 cylinders. I love riding the GT, its quick but modern day sport bikes will out run it in the top end. I have "smoked" a few Harley's with it :biggrin:
Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

:2tup: :2tup: Wow, sounds like a labour of love and a second chance for an older bike. Once talked to a young rider who rode 102,000 miles in 4 years with nary a problem on his GT. Couple years back I met a fellow(original owner too)who was riding his GT and had never desired a newer bike. He said it did everything he needed. The beauty of the GT is the low cost of maintenance with the exception of 3 sets of points and condensers. At one time there was a transisterized conversion available in the aftermarket. With a Vetter fairing the GT made an excellant touring bike.