Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media > Mugshots

Old 10-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
theneanderthal

Send a message via AIM to theneanderthal Send a message via MSN to theneanderthal Send a message via Yahoo to theneanderthal
theneanderthal pic

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-10-2008, 01:34 AM   #2
mr. softie

Re: theneanderthal pic

Hey man, I would ride over and we could hang out, but it's a 1200 mile ride! I'd never get back to work on time Monday morning. Enjoy riding and be safe! :biggrin:
Old 10-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
theneanderthal

Send a message via AIM to theneanderthal Send a message via MSN to theneanderthal Send a message via Yahoo to theneanderthal

Go for it bro. Beer on ice, big screen with theater sound in the barn, hot rodeo chicks
using my arena for practice, target practice with coyotes at dusk, 1/4 mile dirt track racing right around the corner, barbeque on the weekends, high spririted rodeo horses to ride, sheeeet it's all good!

Old 10-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
mr. softie

Sounds mighty good I must say. Mighty good! Me I got a side job for Saturday, no beer, no rodeo chicks, no coyotes, no dirt track, no big screen etc. I do have ZZ Top absolutely crankin' on my killer 70's stereo tho. It'll have to do for now. :rawk:
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
theneanderthal

mr softie,

70s stereo?, dude you're gonna love this.

I've got one of the original quadrophonic QX-949 Pioneer receivers, 100 watts per channel times four. A monster in it's day with Acoustic Research floor model speakers.

When I bought the thing I was living in Baltimore and there were three FM stations
broadcasting quad signal. Wave of the future ya know, right up there with betta-max.

It's mated to an Akai 1810D reel to reel with, get this, an 8 track recorder and player,
and a Dual turntable. Hundreds of vinyl discs that have been played ounce or twice to
put on tape.

I've really got to get a USB turntable and commit all that vinyl to digital media.

Boy do I feel like an anachronisn.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
mr. softie

That setup sounds killer I bet. Quad! I recently had a system set up with a Thorens turntable, two TEAC 3440's, a Tascam TSR8, Twin Sansui 1000A's, a Tascam M-308 analog mixer, Otari MX-55 mastering deck, a pile of reverbs, compressors etc. and an Ensoniq SD-1 keyboard all going to two pairs of Kirksaeter Studio Monitors. Rocked the whole barn! Spun the electric meter too.

I have downsized a lot lately and am running my Thorens TT into a Sansui 1000A, Powering a pair of Kirksaeter Prisma 210 Towers. Still rocks the house at a quarter volume! Still love playing vinyl, but have been burning some of my collection onto CD and mp3 formats using my computer. I use an Onkyo Integra R1 CD player into a TEAC A-X 5030 as my nod to the 90's...

Maybe we are an anachronism, but I like to hear and FEEL all the music not just chopped up little parts of it put back together and spewed from some crappy little plastic box into a set of ear buds.

As Joe Walsh said, "I'm just an analog kind of guy"