Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 02-27-2007, 06:18 AM   #11

Frankly I think the out grow it buisness is dealer hype because there is more money in big bikes. I've been the big bike route more than once and frankly I out grew them a lot faster than I ever did a 250. When I finally scrape the money together for a pair we will be getting GZ 250s and plan to use them to tour the country when we are retired.

Rocky

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-27-2007, 08:18 AM   #12
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyHa
Frankly I think the out grow it buisness is dealer hype because there is more money in big bikes.
Rocky
My feelings exactly. The only reasons I can see for me to get a different bike is because the one I have doesn't do something I want to do or I wore it out. Actually, just because I want it is a good reason as well.

My skills have improved to the point where I sometimes push the limits of the GZ250, but I would not sy I had out grown it. I can continue to ride and improve my skills on this bike until I wear it out.

To tell the truth most of the miles on my bike were at speeds berlow 50 mph. For 90% of the riding I do a GZ250 is more than adequate.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:42 AM   #13
Jordan310

The GZ250 is what it is. I get good looks, smiles, laughs, frowns, and comments like "What IS that? 200, 250ccs?" "how much is one of those?
Cool! Hahah.

Forthe most part .. all good responses. Even from the Harley guys. I think the GZ250 is a perfect underdo bike, and a great commuter. 60+ Mpg? Come on. Good looks, and a fun to ride? Most of all fun to learn on.

In any case, I am still undecided. I know what Duo means by wanting and needing a bigger bike. Yes, the little GZ can hit 80, and ride the freeways, but honestly (and Ive proved it) it was just not meant for them. It strains the motor, and the bike is really meant for around town, and city driving. Maybe short freeway trips, but nothing very far. I have a new 2007, and already almost put 2000 miles on it. Ive done the mods, and am still in the process of doing the rest. When Im done doing all that I can with this little bike, I feel Ill be ready to move up to stronger class. I think this bike gave me the confidence, skills, and riding experience to handle a bigger bike that was meant for bigger things.

For now? Im going to have a ton of fun with this pretty little scooter eater, but honestly it dont feel too nice when a 600cc scooter zips past you on the freeway.
My next bike is the M50. I think an 800cc bike is all one really needs.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #14
Badbob

I've had two people who wanted to buy mine at gas stops. And one guy who wanted to trade his car for it.

I really don't think its meant for any thing other than to make money for Suzuki.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #15
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
lol, yep, i had one guy wanting to buy mine at a gas station once too. Whats scary is, they are dead serious.

The spirit, i had the gas company come in to fix my water heater. One of the guys looks out the window and see's the Spirit. Goes outside with me to check it out, remembering how much he's wanted a bike again and offers me 3 grand on the spot. Thought he was joking, he actually pulled out his check book and said 'im serious, 3 grand right now i'll buy it off you'. Think i only had it a month and just paid 3800 for it. If he had offered 4 i probably would have taken it LOL. Then bought an 1100cc version of the same bike

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 04-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #16
Jordan310

If only it wasnt yellow, and had more of a hopper look to it. :neener:
Old 05-15-2007, 06:27 PM   #17
trykemike

Keep the GZ250

As I said in my intro I was around when a 350 was a mid size. The honda I had could easily out drag a H-D Electra-Glide 1200 at a stop light. Over the years I have lost a little height was 5 foot 6 now 5 foot 5 . Age ( 57 ). The GZ is a perfect fit for me. With my bad back I don't have any problems wheeling it around the property in and out of the shed. I went out for 80 km last Sunday before the traffic .Riding the boonies is where the bike is in it's element ( 70 -80 kph ) Easy laid-back cruising . No traffic . FREEDOM. I will keep the bike.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:37 AM   #18
Water Warrior 2

This thread is a very interesting read. All positives, no real negatives. For those wanting to get rid of their GZ's, that is a positive too. Finally having gained the skills and experience to move on is the purpose of the GZ in their case. Suzuki is just hoping you move up to a larger Suzuki. When I rode Happy Hobo's 06 home for her last Oct for 140 kms. I never had a moments thought that the bike was incapable of the ride. Some freeway, some long pulls uphill and some twisties cause it was the only way home. Sure, my 650 V-twin could have been faster and more comfy on the freeway but I doubt that I thought about that for 10 seconds all the way home. These darling little bikes live in a world of their own and invite all comers to join in for a sweet ride without getting in over your head. Given their designed in limitations for a smaller bike they are capable of meeting all the competition in their class and stomping most of them.
Happy has been out for solo rides a bunch lately and comes home happy as a kid at Xmas. Typically her conversation starts out with " Guess what I learned today ? ". Did you know such and such or I figured out this or that. The bike is a great learning tool for a newbie to gain skills and experience. After making shifter and brake pedal adjustments for position and ease of operation the bike fits her very well. A GZ 250 and rider training are a wonderful safe way to enter the two wheeled world. I do feel sorry for those out there who will never experience a beginner bike and realize bigger is not always better.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:48 AM   #19
Jordan310

Here fucking here.
This GZ20 is the BEST learning bike in the world.

I am movibg up, but will keep this bike, and have already odered big bore, cosmetic, and other parts for it.
Its a TRUE bike enthusiasts toy, and I look forward to many fun rides, and sae learning experiences on it.

This one is a classic, and should be marked as such.

Props to the owner of this board, as well as the riders who paronize this piece of internet. :2tup:
Old 05-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #20
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

There are plenty of us out there that love 250cc bikes. I'm one of 'em. As I've mentioned before on this forum, I've had 3. I don't need any more bike. The capability of most 250cc bikes outperforms almost any factory car, save Ferraris and Lambo's and stuff. But, in the real world, who needs that?

I mean, how many people spend $25,000 for their 1100cc Harley so that they can cruise down the road at the same speed as everyone else? We spend 14% of that price and can do pretty much everything that they can. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Sure, there are times when I wish that I could open the throttle and use the force of my exhaust to explode all the puppies, babies and grandmothers, then I just get over it and enjoy what I have.

Take care,
Jonathan