Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
Graydog

What's this "Out growing a 250" thing?

Am I the only one here that actually bought a 250 because it IS small, nimble, light, and a blast to ride?

I love bigger bikes. They're great for long road trips, highway miles, and who's is largest contest. I just sold one and plan to replace it ASAP so I can continue making road trips before I'm too old (day after tomorrow!). I've owned....well....LOTS of 750cc and up rides (and like most bikers consider a 750 a small bike).

Yes it is a great bike to learn how to ride on. As are most 250s, Rebel, Virago, etc. These bikes come with something that is easy to lose after a few years on a bigger bike. A smile. I rediscovered this by accident after over 40 years of riding.
Somehow over the years I had allowed peer pressure, more expendable income, and just plain greed (bigger is better!) to rob me of the reasons I loved motorcycles. They can make you happy. They can make you smile. I rediscovered this by accident when a friend of mine needed me to ride her bike home from work for her one day. It had probably been 25+ years since I had been on anything smaller than a 650-750.

The big bikes are nice. But after a while this happens: "Its just to the store....too much trouble to get the bike out". "It may rain...don't want to have to clean it again." "I would take the bike....but its just too much trouble." etc.

I stop in once a week looking at the bigger bikes. I think I will get another V Star. But I think I will leave the little thumper home when I go to buy it. No trade in. Believe me...at my age smiles are hard to come by!

Login or Register to Remove Ads