Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
finallyinthesaddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichInFla
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNinja77
What kind of price range are you looking at? As others had mentioned, the really high quality mesh gear is pretty pricey. Regular mesh-textile jackets can be had for quite cheap, if that's what you're interested in buying. Despite my often-negative attitude towards the stuff, it is definitely better than nothing. As for the leather, I'd guess that you'd be needing to spend quite a bit more for one that would breathe really well. IMO full textile jackets breathe less than full leather jackets, but that's just been my experience, YMMV
To keep an open mind, I went looking on the web for leather jackets. I found "vented", which I figure is probably different than "perforated". Here's the link for a perforated one, any comments ?

http://www.cbxmanmotorcycles.com/produc ... 1&affid=4#

I see "breathable leather" as well (guessing same as perforated?). Prices range on most from $150 to almost $600 !! We do have a HD dealer in Melbourne, so I guess I should go take a look and try some on. Not a lot of choices as in, say, Daytona (1 hour away) or Orlando (1 1/2 hours away), I'm sure they have more dealers and more selection.

I'd like to keep it under $200 if possible, so if anyone has any ones I can check out online, please let me know. I know LilNinja said to go try it on, so that will probably be this weekend at the local HD dealer. Comfort and fit are very important, but if I find a decent looking one online, I might take a chance. Thanks again !!

Also, on a lighter note: If I have one too many beers one night, I might post my bike pic so you all can see what a "computer geek" from Florida looks like on his GZ250 !! Have a safe day everyone !!
The jacket that I have is made by "U.S.A. Biker's Dream Apparel" or something like that. I like it a lot. It has two zip-open vents in the front, one in the back, and all of them have zippers that are covered by leather. I can wear it in 90-degree weather and not get TOO hot at 35+mph. Sitting at stoplights sucks, though. I think I've seen them online for about $125. I got mine at a local flea-market for $79.00.

Login or Register to Remove Ads