Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
mbeeler

another new member with a gz250

I have been looking for a project bike for awhile now and finally had a friend getting rid of his first motorcycle. 2003 250 which i ended up getting for free, sadly it did not run. Since I still had my daily driver a 79 yamaha xs750 special I knew this was going to be project bike i had been looking for. Now a little about me I have no mechanical skills what so ever but learning as I dig in. I am taking kflint's bike as an example of what I would like mine to be, with a few changes of course to make it my own. So time for the pics.

Just unload from the truck. Only damage I could find was a dent in the gas tank and some scraping on the front fender.

Into the garage and tear down has begun.

little further into the teardown and think I found why the bike was not running. Engine turns over so it is not locked up but nothing will flow through the petcock so no gas getting to the engine.

Pipes removed have an idea of what i want the new pipes to look like just got to find a place to get some material to make new ones. They will be wrapped then when finished.

grinder out taking off a few parts.

tape marks where I am thinking of cutting of the rear fender struts. They have not been cut off yet as I am still trying to figure out how I am going to do my rear fender and I need a new blade for the saw.

Login or Register to Remove Ads