Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Fawlty

Buenas Tardes from Murcia

Hi. I am a UK expat living in Murcia, Spain. Been here all this century. Got my GZ new in 2002 at a cost of 3000Euros. Covered 17000km since then. Love the bike. Ideal for this area and climate, good coast road, which I use regularly on stretches between Cartagena and Torrevieja. Some excellent roads in Spain these days.

I will be 60 this year and have had small bikes nearly all my adult life, including a 1968 BSA Bantam D14/14 175cc, Norman Nippy moped (that was a project that I never got on the road!), two Honda C50s (1964 and 1971) and a 1978 MZ 125

My DIY skills are fairly limited, but I do my own oil and filter changes, chain maintenance etc.

Developed an oil leak recently, which turned out to be the cylinder gasket blown. (The gasket between the crankcase and the cylinder). Being fixed at the local Suzuki dealer at the moment, with an estimate of around 160 Euros, to include an oil and filter change and chain lubrication and adjustment. It was due an oil change, so I thought I would get them to do it at the same time.

Only found this forum a couple of days ago and I have to say I have been engrossed in reading it since. Particularly interested in the threads about 16 tooth front socket. Very interesting and informative.

Looking forward to getting involved.

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)

Login or Register to Remove Ads