Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
bpdchief

Re: Windshield or windscreen purpose??????

Gotta go with Northside on this... my GZ has a windshield, and at 55-60 mph it does cut way down on the wind. It also helps with flying objects and rain, set at the right angle and heighth the wind goes right over your helmet so you don't get your head bounced around.

Now for a word or two from my evil side - as I ride down the highway, I find myself reaching above and around the windshield to see just what the windshield is doing besides creating a nice dead air space for my cup holder (mounted on the handlebar between the clamps). I do feel like the bike is being pushed around by the "clear wall" attached to the handlebar. When my new lower handlebars arrive the windshield will be a thing of the past, in the meantime, it's coming off for a 300 mile ride Monday. As for wind noise - you should be using ear plugs anyway. The serious riders I know (not the weekend dinks who pull out the leathers for a Saturday ride to the beer joint)all wear earplugs as part of their riding gear and don't leave home without them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads