Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: Vulcan 900 Trike Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
Thanks everyone.
WW, yes the axle has a limited slip differential not just straight through axle. I have ridden the 900 twice for a total of less than 20 miles. It is a really smooth machine and the torque at almost any speed is strong and smooth. The center of gravity is low and it was easy to handle. I really enjoyed my little trip through the Chickamauga battlefield. The added weight of the kit with all the stuff is about 250 lbs net. (You loose some weight from removing the OE swingarm and rear tire assembly. So, basically it should be the equivalent of having a large second rider on board but I thin this bike can handle it with no problem. The 900 is rated at about 45 mpg normally, so I'm hoping to get about 40 mpg when it is converted to the trike.
My painter recommended that I put it all together, drill all the holes, and try everything out to make sure it was how I wanted it and then take the body off and bring it to him to paint, so that is my plan. It's a little more work that way but I think he's given me good advice, especially since I haven't done this before.
This may look like a lot so far, but I really didn't do a lot other than unpack stuff at this point. I realize that I am still recovering from my wreck and although I can now stand and walk slowly without a cane I am by no means fast, nor can I pick up anything heavy and walk with it. So, this may take a while, but that's okay. I'm just happy that I am able to do it at all.

I have been back at work for less than 2 weeks and I'm required to be in the wheelchair at work for another 3 weeks, then 4 weeks walking but no lifting. Nice to be earning a paycheck once again.

Hey, I finally finished all the classes I was taking in the Spring when I had my wreck and ended with 3 A's and 1 C, Yea! I have one final left to take for the one class I took this Summer and then 2 classes this Fall and I should graduate in December. I will be so glad to be finished with school.
A limited slip diff, nifty and probably a good idea overall. I like the painters advice, basically he is wanting you to prefit and iron the kinks out instead of munching his paint job.
Congrats on the good marks and continuing education program.

Login or Register to Remove Ads