Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
mynameistrey

smoking pipes

okay so I've had the bike for a couple of months now. Ive done some trouble shooting and i've changed the valve cover gasket because of a leak. and I found out the oil plate had been cracked, so i had that replaced. It had been dripping oil on to the exhaust underneath causing it to smoke. I had to unbolt the exhaust and move it to the side to get at one of the three bolts holding in the plate. So i finally cranked it back up today to see if these 2 repairs had worked. And it doesnt look to be dripping at all anymore. But the exhaust is still smoking in that spot. I dont know if maybe while moving the exhaust I might have loosened the joint in the middle. Here are some pictures

this is when i first got it.

then i got a new plug

finally got the plate off today because one of the pipes was blocking one of the bolts

so this is from tonight when i cranked it up finally. its been sitting with no oil in it since i put the gasket in for about a week now. sorry for the crappy night pix

As i said it seems to be smoking in that spot still where that joint is, i dont know if maybe i loosened it because it did loosen that big bolt there thinking it held the exhaust in place. I'm pretty new at this stuff as this is my first motorcycle. I havent been able to ride it very much, or for long distances without it leaking. So I've been trying to get it all fixed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads