Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2012, 02:02 AM   #11
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Re: Not the speed I expected.

My bad for missing this thread.

I run my Shadow at 65 on the highway no problem. Ran it on a 2hr ride like that and it ran fine.

If you want to get the most out of your Shadow, change the rear sprocket to a 37 or 38 tooth. You'll have to shorten the chain (very easy to do) but well worth the effort. You can wind up the gears when shifting. I usually run 3rd gear up to 45 or 50mph and 4th up to 60. Only on the highway do i get into 5th with this setup. You'll get much lower RPM and the bike wont sound like its over revving.

What year shadow do you have? I have 2 digital manuals covering up to 2007. Only difference would be the shaft drive, but everything else is the same. They havent changed much until very recently.

You should join up on some of the shadow forums as well. http://www.hondashadow.net/ is the friendly, old fart, safety conscience, agatt, help forum. http://www.shadowriders.net is the raw, uncut, rough rider, customizing, wrench your own bike, vulgar forum.

Hondashadow.net is good for maintenance, help, gear ... a lot like what we offer here.
Shadowriders.net is good for customizing, learning how to work your own bike, taking crap off your bike and making it awesome. They are rough on noobs (general hazing to make sure you can hang with the 'big boys' and dont go home crying to mommy because some guys talked nasty to you). Once you get past noob status, they are a good bunch to deal with. Good to read through their forum and get a feel for everything first. I've been a member there for a long time. You want to learn your bike, that is the place to be.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads