Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Jvacustoms

New exhaust tuning the carb in...

I went with the fail safe of getting both kill variables on the mixture screw and going dead in the middle of the two places that was 4.25 turns out do you think that is more than likely too many turns out it seems to be really rich and back fires some. But i am just going on the ride I am used to that has never been right from the day i got this bike. I was thinking that most likely the proper adjustment was somewhere at 3.75 to 3.5 turns out based on throttle response and backfiring. Please take note.... I installed a EMGO 12" Shorty with removable baffle. I made my adjustments with the baffle out. Because the fiberglass baffle was blown out after only 2 days of riding. i replaced the fiberglass with a hefty amount of steel wool and wrapped it semi-tightly knowing that the exhaust vibration would do its job at loosening it back up. so it is a baffle covered in steel wool no holes and the wool is about 3/8" thick all the way around. The and since there is more back pressure I think that I may still be off with 3.5 even.... any outlooks are welcome thanks in advance... p.s. I am not changing the pipe again just carb settings.

Login or Register to Remove Ads