Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #11
longumd

Re: Start Up Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
You may not be leaving the battery on the charger for a long enough time, and what you are measuring is the "surface charge" right after you take it off the charger. Charge it up again for another 4-6 hours, measure the voltage right when you are done, then again an hour later to eliminate (let dissipate) that surface charge, and measure it again the next morning. If the voltage does drop from 12.6-12.8 down a half volt or more, thee battery may not be good. What you have to do then is fully charge it again and get it load tested, which any garage or battery place or Autozone or similar will do for free.
One other thing, brought up here every once in a while - make sure when you turn your bike off you leave the key in the OFF position, not all the way over to PARK, which leaves the rear light on which will drain the battery. No one notices that light on when they walk away from the bike.
Also make sure your battery connections are clean and tight, as is the ground and connection to the starter.
Thanks. That's exactly what I did from last night to this morning. I charged it to full( shows as 12.9V right after get charged). This morning it shows ~12.55V. I toke it to Autozone a week later, I charged the battery in the morning and get it tested at night, they told me I need to charge the battery....

For the "Park" thing, I made this mistake twice in May when I just got it. After that, I check my rear light very carefully every time I turn my bike off.

The connection seems to be fine on the battery, not quite sure about the connection to the starter.

Login or Register to Remove Ads