Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
tsmall

300 kit on E bay

Hi Yall! OK. I’ve been lurking for a while and just reading. I’ve read a bunch of post about modifying the 250. I understand I got what I got with this engine. I got my GZ for, well let’s say, part of the settlement! LOL! Most expensive GZ ever on this forum I’d bet!!!! I’m just playing with it. I want a bar hopper! I know there’s not much to get out of the 250, but I’ve hot rodded a Briggs and Stratton just to see what I could do to make my lawn mower run faster and piss off the neighbors. That being said, I’m doing a bobber out of it. A nice single seat for ME. One thing everyone forgets about is you get HP by also by reducing weight. Now, I have about $50.00 US so far into it for the drag bars and tail light. I’m going to weigh what I took off. This is what I am thinking about on what to do with the power plant. I like the look of that 300 cc kit and the cost is pretty low. I’m thinking that kit, about a bigger main jet, playing with the carb shimming and idle adjustment, a JC Whitney muffler that has a 1 3/8th reducer and working up the stock air box as suggested in this forum. I also want to a 130 front and a 150 rear tire. No fenders or rear frame rails. I like that comment about a 150 rear being like a 15 and 1/2th front sprocket! The one thing I haven’t been able to find is how does that E bay 300 kit work and fit up. If it’s a piece of sh*t, can someone let me know? If no one’s tried one yet, I’ll be the guinea pig! As a disclaimer, I got my ’67 BMW R50 side car rig and my ’75 R90S waiting for the money to get them back to where I like them, but this GZ is just the ticket to tinker with until the is alimony done. It’s a nut to drive with those drag bars! With no fenders, I figured out that it’s a good idea to get a set of goggles! Hahahahhahahahahaha!

Login or Register to Remove Ads