Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
SpiritOaks

Used bike prices?

Hi All!
Thanks for all of your help in advance! I'm new here and am going to be a first time "driver", rather than "back seat driver" soon. I'll be back to do a full introduction, but right now am curious about a price and appreciate any help I can get.
I am here in the Tampa area in Florida, and found a 2000 GZ, with about 9300mi. It's immaculate, has been garage kept, driven by a woman, has some extra detailing (nothing major) as well as the owner just added a set of brand new hard saddlebags. They originally had a price of $2200 on it, then two days later dropped it to $2000...probably realized they were overpriced. But I have looked at past posts on here and also at Kelley Blue book and dealer retail on it is around $1400(?) :??:
Here's the thing....they are holding it for me, with a piece of jewelry as "good faith" and are allowing me to pay as I can (I've got a bunch of stuff to sell). They are also people who I see as future friends....the couple is really nice and around my age.
So, I know that $2000 is high (if I could walk in with the green stuff in hand), but should I attempt to dicker price when they are being considerate and holding it for me, plus will be people I hang with in the future?
I would have posted this in the "For Sale" section, but know it gets much less traffic than here....plus I don't have one for sale, do I? :tongue: ROFL

Susan
45yo, going through a second childhood. :rawk:
[center:2upkx24c]Oort Gray Metallic YHG[/center:2upkx24c]

Login or Register to Remove Ads