Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
SlyFinkley

Please advise if I am heading in the wrong direction

First week in April I had an issue with a car which decided to populate the space my GZ & I were occupying. :skull:
1 x fractured scapula & many visits to the hospital and some bonding time with "Proficient Motorcycling by David.L.Hough, I am getting it ready to ride again. (If you can't actually ride you may as well read about how to ride correctly.)
Then we hit the road I picked the bike back up & rode it to work where I could securely store it. ( Nb: Holding in the clutch with a broken shoulder is a bit ouchy after a few minutes.)
Anyway, after reading the many posts here on starting after storage, I have drained the tank, and re-filled with fresh fuel, charged the battery, changed the plug and drained the float chamber.
The bike starts once only per session, will rev hard but splutters a bit and will die at idle. ( Will not start again for a few hours, so I am pretty sure it is flooding due to the needle sticking.)
Due to my inability to get seafoam or Berrymans b12 chemtool in Australia ( Maybe Easy Rider could bring this up at the Berrymans stock holders meeting?) :2tup:
I am about to embark on taking the carb out & giving it a good clean. As I can only get aerosol carb cleaner. ( I have done this with Cars, but my bike is a new adventure in mechanical repair )
I know this topic has been done to death here, and I am aware of the berating I am about to receive, but I have read all the posts and just want to hear one of our experienced members here say: "That sounds about right to get it going".

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=124
:chop: :chop: :chop:

Login or Register to Remove Ads