Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
Fish Baseball

Went down in traffic today....

Despite normally starting work at 4pm, and avoiding peak hour traffic :2tup: today saw me making the commute to work for training at 9am. So after and early night last night and a coffee to kick the day off, gave Mrs Baseball a kiss and got out on the bike. Today in Melbourne was not a great day to ride, plenty of rain, pretty cold and so on. So get most of the way to work, no lane splitting for a change, ride well within ones limits......get over a small rise with train tracks, and a red car pulls out of a side street, fishtails (looses their rear) in the wet, so i respond with brakes. Too much it turns out, because the next thing I know is that I'm on the deck. Get the bike back up, roll it over to the gutter, kick stand down and get the helmet off to survey the damage. My chaps are all kinds of ruined, large hole ripped in the top of the right leg. Right arm of my armor jacket has a nice pair of twenty cent piece holes in it. Everything else is fine, including the GZ. She got a little scrape on the front guard, but thats all. So I now sit here, not feeling the greatest due to some pain in my shoulder and a large bruise on my leg.......but when i realize that it could be much worse alls good.

Thats my exciting day.

Login or Register to Remove Ads