Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
burkbuilds

I got reprimanded for posting a link on another Forum!

Once again, I just want to say how great I think this Forum is! It's easy to navigate, easy to upload pictures or links to and it's easy to find stuff here, well organized, what a pleasure. On top of that, the people who post on here are good natured (most of the time) and want to be helpful to each other. Nobody seems to be to concerned with trying to "top" someone else and the prevailing attitude seems to be one of mutual support and encouragement.

This is not the only forum I am a member of, and since I now have a Vulcan, I am a Paying Premium Member of a Kawasaki Vulcan Forum. That forum drives me nuts sometimes! First off, it's very difficult to post picture on, they only allow file sizes up to 1.9mb and even my cheapo camera has more pixels than that allows. I'm sure there are ways that I could reduce the file size of my pictures but I shouldn't have to! This site (GZ250bike) has a great image upload function and I've seen it on other sites as well and it works great. Secondly, it's difficult to even just "attach" files on that site, I don't know why, I'm not that inept, I have to attach files almost every day at college and it's not a problem, I can do it on this site and it's not a problem, but on that Vulcan site . . . well, it IS a problem, not sure why. :??:

All that to say, yesterday some other member was asking about doing a belt to chain swap on his bike, (yeah you read that correctly, he has a belt drive and wants to go chain drive). It just so happens that someone on another site modeled after this site about the Vulcan 500 had posted some great information with exploded view drawings about the variations in the shaft designs between the two factory drives on that bike and I wanted to share that information with him. I tried to copy and paste it to a file and then attach it on the site, but it wouldn't take the attachment, so finally I just copied the link to that page of the site and told him to scroll down and look at the post for himself. This morning I had a reprimand from Kawasaki Vulcan Forums on my e-mail and my post had been removed from their site and they "put 2 points" against my membership there! (I guess that's like double secret probation on Animal House). So I replied to their e-mail and said basically, I'm just trying to share some information to help out one of your own members and I'm not promoting anybody's website, and they responded that I should just copy and attach the particular information instead of posting a link. I replied that I tried but their website programing made it very difficult to do that. Anyway, is it any wonder that I've already canceled my renewal to their site? :??:

Okay, I'm through ranting now! Just wanted to remind everyone what a gem of a site this is and please remember to help support it with your donations when you can, I'm sure Dupo would appreciate the help and I'm really glad he has built such a great website that we all benefit from and that treats us all as assets not enemies! :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads