Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
Canuck

My GZ Update (year 2..considering cross Canada ride)

Hey guys,

It's been awhile since ive been on the website but its good to be back!

Havent needed much assistance on here after a long winter of troubleshooting to get my GZ right where i need it.

I ride with a 16 tooth sprocket modification, used 91-92 octane gasoline, switched the needle shim mod back for better gas mileage and I have a Windguard and a 29 litre Shad trunk box.

I have ridden long distances from Vancouver Island all the way to Central interior British Columbia, up and down pristine mountains using the GZ to its fullest potential.

After my second season of pushing the GZ to what i thought were its limits i can say i feel pretty confident about embarking on a Cross Canada cruise

Sounds a bit nutty i know considering the size of the engine BUT...its come this far why not EH?

I wouldnt be doing LONG runs day after day but enough to get me there in good time but not to quick that she dies out on me and needs big engine repairs...

What do you guys think... ?? what major precautions should one take when considering to embark on a multiple thousand kms journey on a 250.

Keep in mind my bike has been used to riding on the highways sometimes in 4th gear full throttle up hills etc and on windier headwinds.

the only things ive noticed when doing so is a hotter engine and i sense shes "sipping" oil abit more than when it is city-driven.

Cheers All

Login or Register to Remove Ads