Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
IRingTwyce

Location: Graham, TX & Houma, LA ... I commute. Holy crap! You sure can type a lot of stuff in this spot!
Clutch cable goes....

***POP*** right in the middle of a downshift while riding the other night. :cuss: I was about two miles from home and stuck in second. :crutches: Well, having shifted clutchlessly in my car for years by matching revs, I figured it could probably be done on the bike. Mostly because I didn't want to be going 20 mph in a 45 on a BUSY two-lane with NO shoulder and ditches and swamp on both sides. After fooling around a bit at speed, I finally got it to shift. Made it up into fourth and made it home. Downshifting was MUCH trickier however. Not to mention a much more jerky experience. Basically going either direction you have to be at the bottom end of the gearing to get the revs close enough. Shifting up leaves you lugging it a bit, but not terribly. Downshifting, as I said, was a jerky experience.

Anyway, made it home fine. Ordered a new cable the next day from the local Suzuki dealer for about $10.50. Just waiting (impatiently) for it to come in so I can install it.

[center:h2j5ojxn]'01 Suzuki GZ
(Coming soon) '02 V-Star 1100 Silverado
'06 Hyundai Azera Limited Ultimate
'98 Contour SVT
'98 Contour SE
[/center:h2j5ojxn]

Login or Register to Remove Ads