Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 06-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
LilNinja77

Umm......don't know what to say.

This was posted over on the Ninja 250 forum, and thought I'd share it. I'm Shotgun23 on that forum, so you can see my opinion of it at the bottom of the page

http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

All I can say is wow......it's definitely, umm, yeah. It's not even original though, read through some of the posts and you'll see that BMW (and some other various scooter makers) had a scooter almost a decade ago that sported the same, umm, style. I'd like to point to some of my favorites from his site:
A---his reasoning for not wearing a full-face helmet.........it's not like they, oh I don't know, protect your head in a crash or anything. Also, his claim that full-face helmets smushed his cheeks, and impaired his hearing and vision. If you wear a helmet that actually fits you properly, those problems don't exist.

B---his claim that "40 mpg is nice"......HAHAHA, must be sad to get small-car efficiency on a bike. My mothers Honda Fit averages high 30's consistantly, even with me throwing it through the twisties with the AC on full blast (they are very fun little cars when equipped with the manual transmission); and only cost a few thousand more than a new zx-10 does. My Ninja 250 averages between 50-65 mpg (depending on how I ride and if I'm carrying luggage), and that's the lowest mpg I'll accept on a bike. I'd love to be getting the mpg of a GZ250!

C---he claims he originally designed it to keep the rain off his face. Guess what else will do that.......a full-face helmet, and I'm positive even an expensive helmet would only cost a fraction of what that.....thing.... cost him to make.

D---his statement saying how nice it would be if there were less automobiles on the road. By definition a motorcycle IS an automobile (a machine/vehicle designed to carry a person/people that powers/moves itself rather than by the power of another vehicle and/or animal), and his point was that it would be nice to have less 4 wheeled (or enclosed) automobiles (cars) and more motorcycles; but in reality his goal of having more motorcycles would actually increase the amount of automobiles. It's just semantics, I know, but I found it amusing.

Anyway, just thought others might find it humorous, enjoy!
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~

Login or Register to Remove Ads