Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
turbo chicken

Rain OMG

i'll keep this short...

- Didn't check the weather before leaving to work
- About lunch time rain was on the way
- Don't try and 'beat' the rain like I did. I ended up getting caught in the beginning of the rain and still had to pull over on the side of the road and wait about 15 mins before starting back on the wayhome. Just accept the fact that it's going to rain and ride in it after the dirt and oil gets washed away. BTW the road is still pretty slick
- Buy raingear!!! i've been holding off ... shouldn't have. My mesh jacket came with a raincover that kept the top part pretty dry. My legs, hitops, socks, gloves got soaked!
- Fact rain hurts at 40-50 mph on the freeway. ^ see above and get rain gear it probably helps. It felt like rocks were hitting my legs.
- The white lines and arrows at intersections ... SLICK ... STAY OFF!!! I had a scary moment when i just slid right past the walk way almost into the intersection.
- Go SLOW!
- Go SLOW!
- Side streets seem more slick than the highway ... just an observation

That ride was a learning expierence ... my recommendation avoid the rain if at all possible. There's a difference between getting caught in the rain while riding on a long trip and leaving while it is raining.

Login or Register to Remove Ads