Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 12-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
chandlerbingfl

Attempting to adjust the valves, questions...

I decided I needed to adjust the valves, especially the exhaust valves. I've noticed just a difference in the tone of the bike, plus when it gets hot I can see wisps of smoke coming from the area of the exhaust pipes but can't tell exactly from where. Mind you I'm probably a grade below backyard mechanic so I followed the guide previously posted on the board.

Now I have 2 questions.... During tear down I decided to check the air filter and I noticed a coating of oil inside the housing, although the filter looks clean. Is this normal? Also I remember reading about the hose that comes out of the bottom of the filter housing (for drainage maybe), but the hose on mine has a plug at the end. Is that normal?

At this point I'm just trying to get the cover off on the left side so I can spin the motor to TDC.....but the cover isn't moving at this point. Is it really that hard to unscrew? Looks like whoever removed it last time chunked up the slot that one uses to remove said cover so I'm going to have to find something that will bite a bit more...

Well back out to the garage....look forward to some insight from you guys here!

chandlerbingfl

Login or Register to Remove Ads