Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
dentheman

Rode a Honda NC700!

I went to the dealership to get an air filter for my Shadow. I asked the salesman if they have received the new (Honda) NC700 yet. He said yes, and did I want to take it for a ride? Of course I did.

It was the more expensive version, with ABS brakes and 6 speed user selectable manual/automatic transmission.

WOW! It was like floating on air compared to my Shadow. I left the tranny in automatic, and the only way I could tell it was up or downshifting was by a slight 'click', no jerk or engine speed sound to indicate it shifted (in fact I didn't hear the engine it is so quiet). As smooth as a car, if not smoother. The engine is a little smaller than my Shadow, but it had plenty of pickup and cruised easily at 70 (I didn't take it on a faster highway).

My Shadow does OK at highway speeds, but it only has a 5-speed and starts vibrating some when I go over 70 (I don't have to look at the speedo, I can tell when I hit 70 by that bit more vibration). I mentioned this to the salesman and he said the NC700 is more suited to higher highway speeds because of that 6th gear, and that Honda noticed the speed limits were going up on our highways and took that into consideration. I had been looking at Honda's site, waiting for this bike to come out so I could take a look. I didn't think I'd get to ride one. I am in love!

I almost forgot ---It takes a couple minutes to get used to riding without a clutch lever.

Login or Register to Remove Ads