Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
webbmeister25d

Highway Bars

Hi All,

I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning, buffing, polishing, and changing the oil and spark plug on my bike. It now has a new oil filter, Rotella T6, and an NGK Iridium plug (don't know if the latter is snake oil, but it works just fine). In short, the bike is running great!

The next step is to install a highway bar. I was just about to purchase the MC bar, but read here that depending on where your rear brake pedal is, the MC can interfere in the path of the pedal's travel. It seems that this can be rectified, but only by adjusting the position of the pedal. The adjustments show the pedal adjusted upward, so there is enough distance for the pedal to travel without bottoming out on the MC.

Here's the thing ... I have large feet, and an upward adjustment of the pedal would make for an awkward riding position for my right foot. In fact, I think the inclination of my foot to seek a natural position would result in the balls of my feet "riding" the brake. Has anyone dealt with this? Are there other (effective) bars out there that are configured to provide better clearance at the brake pedal?

I'd appreciate any advice provided!

Jim

Login or Register to Remove Ads