Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 12-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
gzlocal

Intermittent Lack of Power

Hi guys,

I have an issue here. It seems that on random days my bike is extremely lacking in power. I've had this bike for over 6 months and ridden it as a daily commuter, so I know this bike's potential and its limits, and this is a DAILY, NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE. This is not a placebo effect. There are no surges or putters or anything of that sort. I have run carburetor cleaner (B-12) through two tanks of gas, emptied and cleaned the float bowl, cleaned ALL the jets, cleaned the air filter, changed the oil, adjusted the chain, checked tire pressure, and I have done two valve adjustments over the span of a month to ensure I did it right the first time. Nothing helps. I've also got a float charger on the battery every few days to ensure a fully charged battery.

I thought it was initially due to the cold weather, as they seemed to go hand in hand. But today it is 60 degrees, and coming in to school I could barely get up the same hill at 45 mph that I can normally comfortably pull at 55, and some days even accelerate up the hill. So I don't think the cold is a factor.

Has anyone else had this problem? It's beginning to worry me that maybe my clutch is slipping at high loads, but I've only got 2200 miles on the bike, so I don't think that's the problem.

Anyone with suggestions please chime in, I'm at my wits end!

-Gzlocal

Login or Register to Remove Ads