Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
WowWhoaWeeWa

First "Solo" Ride on a TU250...

Hey Everyone,

I saw a post by Geezer the other day about the TU250x. I thought I would share my experience being on the road today for the first time since passing my MSF riding course 3 weeks ago. I have to say, it was intimidating at first. I rode around a parking lot for some time getting used to the bike and doing basic maneuvers. I did ok with shifting gears but I still need practice. I thought there was too much "clunking" when I changed gears.

Like a bird leaving it's nest for the first time, I decided it was time to mingle with traffic on a "high speed" road. By "high speed," I mean 35MPH. I looked at the speedometer, I was only doing 25! Holy cow, I had to speed up. I kicked it up a few notches. The perspective of speed on a bike feels so different than in my truck.

I ultimately got the courage to hit 50 MPH on another road (a little over the speed limit of 45) and what a thrill! The scene was picturesque; grassy country fields passing by with the setting sun glowing a bright but gentile orange in the horizon. I see why we ride. I could have kept going but I had to get home and wrap up my day.

All in all, a great ride. Fuel injection allowed the engine to start up with a simple tap of the starter button. Although I don't have experience with other bikes, the TU250x felt great. The ride was smooth and despite its small size, it handled average road imperfections like a champ. By the of the 16 miles I rode, I found myself shifting better. I learned I don't have to squeeze the clutch all the way to shift smoothly. There is no tachometer so I can't be certain what the RPMs where when I approached 50 MPH. I hope it was less than 5k as I still have to break in the motor. Fortunately, I wasn't at that speed for very long. Does any one know the approximate engine RPM in 5th gear at 50 MPH?

Thanks for letting me share.

Howard

Login or Register to Remove Ads