Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 05-03-2011, 03:49 AM   #1
jazzhunt

The bike that inspired me

Hi folks. I saw this bike recently and was inspired to re-visit the idea of getting a bike. I live in Perth, Western Australia, home of some of the harshest bike restrictions around :roll: Mandatory helmet, lights on 24/7 and everyone, without exception, must ride a 250 for a year before they are allowed to sit (another) test to allow 'open' riding. This means that 250's are quite expensive, since you must have one, and having short legs means not many of the 250's (that I can afford)out there suit me. I did like the Virago 250's, back in the day, but as I grew (out, not up!) I felt they were a little dainty. Eventually I just let the whole idea slide. I saw this grubby old geezer and really fell for it - the wider tank, squat stance and fenders just really called to me. So I thought and thought and thought and spent hours on this forum (oh, man, some of the bobber projects on here are great!) and not 10 minutes ago I came home with the bike, a new helmet, a new armoured jacket and new gloves. Now to go do the training, get some practice and get out there. But in the weeks it will take to go through that process I'll be cleaning, polishing, repairing and generally bringing the old geezer back to life. Sure, it's not pretty but my (very) experienced mates checked it out and declared it acceptable (it's an honest cheapy and, hey, it does have less than 30 000 kilometres on it, was the call) and surely what inspires you has to be given a chance :-) Looking forward to spending even more time on this site!

Login or Register to Remove Ads