Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 08-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
skookum

Trouble starting all the time

I am having a hard time starting my GZ 250 consistently. I just replaced the spark plug and purged the carb with cleaner. The bike fired up on the third try but then wouldn't start again after I parked it.

I always start the bike with the choke half on unless the bike has been warmed up. The problem started about a year ago. I have not been putting a lot of miles on the bike since then because it is unreliable. When I turn the key on everything looks good but the starter just turns over like it's not receiving a spark. I tried turning the key to off and then on, at first this would fix the problem and the bike would start right up but recently it seems as if I have to turn the key on and off at least 20+ times before it will spark. Once it starts there are no problems the bike runs great, no lag sputter or anything. Turn it off and it wont start again.

I am not always successful at starting the bike before it floods out or runs the battery down. I have to wait about 30 minutes before I try it again.

Seems like a short but I'm not sure where :??:

Login or Register to Remove Ads