Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-21-2007, 04:26 AM   #1
birdmove

Newbie here

Just joined up to learn from you owners all about the GZ250. I'm a 53 year old rider with about 45 years of riding time behind me. I have a couple of larger motorcycles now. My wife, since we got her a 2005 Honda Metro scooter, no longer is inerested in riding on the back. We're going to ger her a larger, probably 250cc, scooter pretty soon now. I want a smaller, very fuel efficient motorcycle. I'll keep one of my larger bikes too. I now have a nice, easy, 15 mile round trip commute on backroads with speed limits of 35-45 mph, so I don't need a big bike for that. We plan on riding together, her on her 250 scooter, so a smaller motorcycle would be fine for that also. We will do mostly backroads here in the Pacific NW not far from Mount Rainier. We'll do some overnighters, and longer during vacations and such too.
One of the bikes I am thinking of getting is the GZ250. I like the relativeley large gas tank and ease of maintenance of the single cylinder air-cooled engine. I am thinking the valves are screw adjustable probably??
I should mention that I'm about 5'10" and 172 pounds.
I have a few questions about this bike:
1.What are you getting in mpg for gas mileage?
2.Do you think I'm too big for this bike? Are there people my size and bigger riding the GZ250?
3.Hows the reliability? I read somewhere that one owner has over 45,000 miles on his GZ.
4.Any known weakneses or well known problems?

Thank you for any comments,
Jon in Puyallup, Wa.

Login or Register to Remove Ads