Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 01-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
redviper239

My first few days of riding.

So as anyone who has been reading the new posts, has figured out I passed my MSF, obtained my endorsement and started riding my GZ. Well in the three days I've been riding I've gotten to experience many things and still keep that smile on my face. It all started when i got to experience the thrill of riding the bike legally on a major street *45+mph* I clearly remember how great it felt dancing with her and having the wind hit my face. :cool: With that said I should mention that at that time I was just wearing a half helmet and some glasses which was working out fine for me. My second day riding I got to experience what it is like riding in the rain. Though while I was warned that it isn't the greatest of things I didn't really mind the light rain, even if it did feel like sandpaper being dragged across my face. Not so much a pain but more of an annoyance. Lesson from that day was to invest in a full face helmet just in case I go riding in an actual rain, or even get caught in one for that matter. :lol: Since then I've gotten to experience a fantastic ride down a street bordering the ocean *attached is an image from that day* Though my latest experience is was just this evening, while I pulled up to my house I had the brilliant idea that I should go get gas this morning rather then having to leave early for work tomorrow and picking it up. So I head back out and about a mile down the road my bike dies, being the new rider that I am I had done a sufficient amount of research (so I like to think) and came to the conclusion that she ran out of fuel. Rather then holding up traffic while I figured this out I pushed her onto the side of the road reached down and switched her to reserve. To my shock :shocked: nothing happened shake the bike and yep she's bone dry :lol: No worries though called a buddy got some gas and now she's on full. Guess I get to get some more wrench time in on the bike checking to see if that standpipe fell off the petlock or not can't wait. With all that said I can't wait to head out on the road tomorrow morning wondering what I might learn next, I honestly don't think I would change a thing these past few days... well perhaps but that would be just to have more miles, day 3 and 140 miles down; infinite to go

Oh one last thing, what kinds of waves do you folks do to other bikers. I've been catching myself taking my clutch hand and just tossing to fingers out to the side kinda a peace sign facing downward to the road. :rawk:

Login or Register to Remove Ads