Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
turbo chicken

I killed my bike today

No I didn't crash!

-I ride my GZ hard. I run 70mph on the way to and from work and where ever i go on the weekends. Often i exceed 70.
-Well today, on the way to work, i was going about 70ish maybe a little more ... the engine just gave out... i could tell immediately that it threw the rod ...
-I just changed the oil and filter 2 weeks ago. i checked the oil this weekend before my sunday drive ...
-I've been sooo meticulous about taking care of the thing i didn't think it could happen.

not sure why the failure at this point... but i'd recon it's cause i ride the piss out of the thing.

running your littl GZ at WOT or almost 90% of the time... eventually... is no bueno.

Now to find a donor engine or just rebuild the thing... i got to figure out what's more cheap.

One good thing did come out of this... My wife decided she want's to learn to ride. Said after i fix the bike she wants it to learn on... in the mean time i get to get another bike!!! :2tup:

anyway's ... a year and 5000 miles later ... she's out of commission for a couple weeks...

Login or Register to Remove Ads