Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
burkbuilds

Anybody have any experience with the S-40?

First let me say, I love my GZ and I've put over 10,000 miles on it this year. I was on it almost every day even through the Winter (which is fairly mild here in North Georgia) only using my truck when the AM temp was below 18 degrees. It has been very reliable, and easy to ride and maintain. Most of my trips were in the 20-40 minute range one way.

I've ridden it back and forth to Atlanta a few times (250 mile round trip for me)and it's not really the bike I want to do that trip with on a regular basis for a couple of reasons. First, if I try to keep up with traffic on 75 it's a losing battle and my gas mileage drops into the high 50's. Second, if I go 55-60 I feel like I'm gonna get run over by all the faster traffic, and it takes "forever". Third, it's just not very comfortable even with my seat modifications, after 4 + hours of riding, I'm beat.

Now it looks like I'm gonna be making that trip every week for the next 3 + years, so I'm thinking about something with a little more top end but I don't really like "big" bikes and I like the cruiser style, it fits me pretty well physically. So I'm wondering what an S-40 would be like, it's got twice the hp of my GZ and still gets over 60 mpg highway according to Suzuki's website. It's pretty similar style and size wise to the GZ but I don't know much about the bike. Anybody have one, once had one, know somebody who has one? If so, what did you think, was it reliable, how does it do on the highway at 75 mph, what type of gas mileage did you actually get on it? How is it's maintenance record, any problems I should know about, any negatives on the bike? Let me know what you know, thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads