Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
mr. softie

Early March Ride in Bucks County Pennsylvania.

Went out this afternoon for a ride, exploring the back roads in my area of the Delaware River Valley. Rode about 3 hours and got sort of lost a couple of times. Temperature was about 40 degrees and cloudy, but no rain. I took some pics, and enjoyed the ride more so for doing that, as I was more aware of the scenery while keeping an eye out for good photo ops. Lots of little roads with lots of curves and hills. These roads have been in use since the 1700's, and there are many historic homes and farms. We have quite a few old covered bridges in this area, I saw 3 on this ride. The big green bridge is the Frenchtown Bridge crossing over the Delaware river into New Jersey. I crossed over to Frenchtown for a break and had a chocolate milk. A nice scenic little river town. Then on my way home I came to a bridge that was out (gone) and took a detour on a muddy dirt road that runs along the creek for about three miles, seeing a bunch of ice "falls' on the cliffs, and crossing the creek a few times before I got to an alternate paved road. Then over the hill and through the dale to home.
[pbss:25o2eise]http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq80/interactman/?action=view&current=c25a819f.pbw[/pbss:25o2eise]

Login or Register to Remove Ads