Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 09-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
Smitty908

Passed the 2000 mile mark on the GZ today!

Well,

This is just my little ride report after my first 2000 miles on my GZ.

I have been commuting to and from work on it ever since I bought it. (40mi. daily) I think I have driven my truck maybe twice since getting the bike.

I have been going back and forth from my house to Birmingham a lot lately, doing job interviews for multiple places. I have put over 600 of those miles on it in a week and a half.

It takes me about two hours one way to B'ham. The stock seat is not that great for extended periods. My butt gets numb after about an hour and my legs get tired of being in the same position.

Having no windshield and cruising for 2 hrs @ 70-75 mph (indicated) sucks for the ole' back.

All that said...I know it is not meant to be a touring bike, so not any unexpected problems.

It holds its own in just about any traffic I have been in, and I have had it on the Interstate quite a bit. The best part is I am averaging 77.5 mpg on those long trips! :rawk:

I have been averaging about 65-67 around town.

Anyway, I am very satisfied so far, and glad I bought the GZ. Everybody stay safe and may your next trip bring you a twisty road!

-Tim S.

Login or Register to Remove Ads