Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-27-2009, 05:33 AM   #1
alanmcorcoran

Update on Insurance

You guys may recall me pissing and moaning about the unanticipated cost of Insurance for my Big Bike. I mentioned it as something to check into before upgrading. Not sure if I mentioned details, but: my insurance for the GZ is about $300 a year. Because of its low cost, I just got liability. When I got the Strat, I went for collision and comprehensive. Having already done an MC policy with the "P" company, and having been able to do it instantly, over the internet/phone, AND having got what I thought was a decent price, I figured I'd just add the Yamaha on. I was a bit shocked and dismayed when they came back with $2000+ a year (and that was with a high deductible.) Because I had six months left on the policy the bill was going to be about $1100. Yikes!

Fast forward to yesterday. I get a letter from the DMV stating my registration was about ot be revoked for failure to provide proof of insurance. WTF? I thought maybe I had spaced on paying the bill. I had to go to the neighbor kids church musical, so my wife found the receipt and called up the "P" company. They "forgot" to enter in the VIN number and send it to the DMV (again, WTF?) But, and this is the best part, after they entered the VIN, they told my wife they made a mistake on the premium - it's actually $800 LESS. ('Cause it's a cruiser...???) They are sending me a check for $400. Anyway, I will be shopping around a bit in June when it is time to renew. Just thought you guys might want to know.

Login or Register to Remove Ads