Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 09-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
Magnar Infectus

Send a message via ICQ to Magnar Infectus Send a message via AIM to Magnar Infectus Send a message via MSN to Magnar Infectus Send a message via Yahoo to Magnar Infectus
First night ride

So My GF has a cold, flu or something, and she asked me to get her some OJ, cough drops, and a can of chicken noodle soup. No big deal. She's awesome and she'd do it for me.

When I grab my gear and she realizes it's dark out and gets all worried. I give her an all mushy "don't worry honey. Publix is just down the road. Plus it's late and there's not much traffic."

I head to the garage. Swap out my tinted visor for the clear one and head out. As I start driving I notice everything looks funny. All the lights kinda sparkle. I can see, but light sources are kinda distorted. I flip up the visor and everthing looks normal. Then I realize, I've never used the clear visor before. I flip it back down and wipe my gloved hand across it and figure it out. There's some kind of greasy film all over it. I'm already about a third of the way to the store. "Oh well" I think. "I'll just clean it when I get back." I flip the visor up about half way and keep going.

Still riding along I then think to myself, "hmm something feels funny." I reach around to my back and there's no backpack. I'm about two thirds of the say there now, but have no way to bring back anything, so I turn around, go home, get the backpack, head back out.

I drive to the store, park put my garage clicker and gloves under the seat, like I always do. Go in get the stuff, and leave. As I'm walking out I realize I swiped a credit card I don't use anymore. That card doesn't even have my current address. Crap I'll have to call them when I get home. I gear up and ride home.
I go to click the garage clicker and realize it's still under the seat. I probably forgot to take it out becuse I was thinking about the CC. I get off the bike, get out the clicker, open the door, park etc.

Dispite all that, night riding is pretty cool... and OMG the high beam on this thing is amazing.

Login or Register to Remove Ads