Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
fastyme

valves

Well finally got my bike out winter storage and got it up and running. Fogged motor cleared out in less than 15 seconds and was running smooth as new. Having hit 2000 miles before I stored it and never adjusting valves at 600 miles like suggested in service manual, it just ran to smooth so I did'nt.
After hitting that 2000 miles I started to really think I better do to be safe. After collecting all the info from this site and getting the right wrenches i was off. It went really well except for my 1/2 wide feeler gauges. They made it tuffer than it really needed to be. Next time I well have that narrower set of gauges.
Only set back I had was I missed that part about being brought to the compression stroke. So after bringing to dead center an adjusting the exhaust side and rotating what i thought was twice and turn out to be three times . I found to much play in the valves and I knew something was wrong because i had them perfectly adjusted.
I stopped reread all I could and figured out the I did'nt adjust it on the compression stoke so I redid it an rechecked an rechecked agian and it was purfect. Runs perfect

Login or Register to Remove Ads