Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 06-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
GZ250

Visiting a Dealer

Many will know who have been in this for a long time, Especially for new commers and those you have less idea about machines. When you go to a dealership always do some research for the 'problem' you want them to fix and for the general tune up ask specifically what they will do and what are the charges. Someone recently mentioned that he paid $295 for 600 miles servive. Its a BIG rip off I would say. You need to find a honest dealership who should suggest you what really is needed (replacement, fixing or etc etc).

I went to a dealership and the guy told me that sprokets (front and back) and the chain should be replaced. The dealership where I go told me nothing needs a change and now after 15000 miles they just replaced the chain and told me that if I am a bit more careful and oil my chain more regularly I can do better on miles.

The dealership from where I bought the bike has a commercial look, big show room and their service dept rips off so I don't go to them. The guy charged me $80 saying that he had to clean some oil from the box where the air filter sits. I got mad and talked to one higher up and then they reduced the charges.

So please be careful with dealerships and if you regularly change the oil and filter as prescribed (no need of synthetic oil either for GZ250), replace spark plug once a year and clean occassionaly if needed and air filter once every 2 years you are good.

Login or Register to Remove Ads