Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
dentheman

Got my MSF course out of the way.

I wanted to do it later in the fall when it would be cooler, but their website said classes were filling up 'better register now'. The first day was Aug. 27th. The first day was 1/2 day, second was full day, and third was 1/2 day. When the weather cools down they change to 2 full days. There were 8 students. The cost was $195.

When I first saw the two instructors I thought: 'motorcycle gang'. (stereotype) But they were excellent instructors, very professional and took a personal interest in us learning to ride properly and safely.

My two big problems were 'thinking too much' about what to do next thus getting confused, and 'looking down' at my path when turning. I pretty much got over the first problem, but looking down caused me to go out of the line on the curve when being evaluated. The instructor gave me a talking too and a couple practice runs then a retest on the curve and I passed! There was one woman in the class and she had problems with the curve and the quick stop. She also passed on the retest.

Overall, a very worthwhile course. I know the areas I need to really practice on to become a safe rider. Now to study the Texas Motorcycle Operator's Manual and take the written test.

Login or Register to Remove Ads