Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 10-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
roscosmom

Send a message via Yahoo to roscosmom
My First Scary Moment

Hello Everyone,
Here to share my first scary moment with you all. If I bore you or you're just not interested....feel free to move on. LOL. Anyway, I was on my way to work at 7:05 this morning (on the yamaha...like to switch them out) and I came to a stop sign to turn right. A black truck pulled up beside me and I ASSumed he was turning left. Well, I begin to pull out and he turns right...going around me!!! I blew my horn and gave him the international sign...
I caught up to him at the next light and he began to follow me. He kept very close to me which freaked me out! As I came to the famous "s" curve near my work he was right on my ass. I wanted to slow down in the turn like I always do, but he was on my ass! Have I mentioned that already??? Anyway....I took the turn way too fast and headed for the ditch. I didnt want to apply the brakes in the turn so I just released the accelerator and prayed! I left the road and traveled in the grass for about 10 ft. then slowly moved back onto the road at a slower rate of speed. I have no idea how I managed not to hit the ditch just off the grassy area I was on OR catch the tire on the road as I re-entered....BUT, all I do know is I made it out without a scratch! All I can say is thank God, Buddha, Allah, Mary Poopins....whoever kept me from eating dirt and grass and rocks...

Login or Register to Remove Ads