Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
easygzrider

Send a message via Yahoo to easygzrider
Wind gusts

I am a new rider. I began riding in the 80's for about a year in California. I had a Honda 350. I have not rode a bike until a couple weeks ago after purchasing a Suzuki GZ 250. I must say I am a proud owner and I love the bike. :2tup:
I currently live in NW Arkansas and I have hundreds of miles of country roads and Ozark hills to play in. Last week, I was driving over a bridge across the Arkansas river at 40mph with wind gust of 30mph. I experienced a swerving moment from the wind gust, this nearly scared the :hide: out of me. This was not a terrifying experience, however this was not a comforting experience.
I know wind gust are something all riders must consider. Was my experience a normal situation in which more riding experience will gain me confidence while riding in the wind? or do I need to be extra alert because of the lighter size bike?
Sometimes I feel the wind could knock me off the road. I know this can happen and this is a factor of of safe motorcycle riding in which everyone encounters but am I being over sensitive? :cool:

Login or Register to Remove Ads