Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 02-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
OBryan

You're invisible

Well after I'd joined this forum I'd meant to check and post more often then I have.. I kind of ended up having a rough fall.. Both seasonal and literal.
I was heading home from work of an evening..I was in the left lane of a in town four lane road..I was coming up on an intersection the light was green.. For some reason I just knew that pick up in the left turn lane facing Me was going to move..
and Yep he did..He just didn't see Me headlight and all..He was edging out to make a turn after the car in the right lane next to me went through.
I still go over the options in My head.. A car to the right of Me traffic coming the other way.. I stood on the breaks..I remember starting to slide sideways and screaming inside I didn't want to go down and under his front end..I got it back up straight and trying to relaxe..(ha ha ha).. I had went this over in My head before and figured the best bet was slow down as much as I could and let the bike absorb as much as possible..

Looking back I think it worked.. I got slowed down from the 40 I was doing pretty good... I remember putting My front wheel between his headlights smacking down and the tank and falling to the pavement.. I guess he saw me then...laffs.. I sat up thinking shit I'm going to walk away..Till I saw my left wrist..It had a HUGE hump on the back. Anyway I'm long winded.
I snapped both bones just above the joint and they jammed down under making the big bulge.
My lesson learned? I really think I handled it the right way.
Any comments? I welcome them as food for thought..Oh this was in august and Finally after 4 months I was able to ride again.

Login or Register to Remove Ads