Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
tsmall

Single cylinder twin exhaust bikes!

I’ve never really ever seen another motorcycle other than a GZ with twin exhaust on a single cylinder until I was reading though a classic motorcycle mag and came across a 1930’s Norton Model 55! Yall can tell I’m bored, right??? O_o :retard: :drool: :biggrin:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: Single cylinder twin exhaust bikes!

But not too bored to share. Thank you.
Nice to see old bikes that have been restored if only to remind us how well off we are with more modern bikes. I have wondered how well the British bike industry would have fared if they hadn't succumbed to the Prince of Darkness/Lucas Electrics.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
tsmall

Yeah WW, my dad had a BSA Lightning. The electrical was the only thing he hated about that bike. And yeah, I have to do something! Just read a race report about the 1924 Isle of Man TT. The guys in Europe have been riding and racing bikes WAY longer than I would have ever expected. One of the best lines in that race report was about how the sidecar manufacturers pulled their sponsorship because “The antics of the passengers on the Mountain Circuit gave the wrong image for their products they aimed at the family man”! And how about the 1922 Senior TT winning bike, the 350cc Big Port AJS! Hers a pic of a ’26. And these guys I’m reading about ride and race these antiques.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
alantf

Yeah.... My grandad was a marshall at the TT races (Tourist Trophy races on the Isle of Man) Don't know the dates, & there are no records/memorabilia. He died in the early sixties, but it's something the family used to talk about.

This is a photo of him as a young man, with my grandma. There's a photo of him, somewhere, on his 1920s bike. If I come across it, I'll post it.[attachment=0:3fbxm0q1]img063.jpg[/attachment:3fbxm0q1]
Old 04-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
Water Warrior 2

I can still remember riding an old Jawa around in a hockey rink that was adandoned every summer. It was my friend's bike and his dad said the rink or park it forever. We had a lot of fun. I think I was 12 or 13 at the time.
Who remembers the Allstate Mopeds that Simpson Sears sold in the late 50's /early 60's ?