GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   GZ250 Media (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   So far... (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3069)

Mercutio57 04-18-2010 06:56 AM

Re: So far...

Thanks for the encouraging words about the windshield. I'll give it a try again when I have more time (and patience). I agree about it looking better without, though.

As for the Elton John song, I never said it was a name. It's a song about a girl, but in it she is referred to by a title, or nickname, rather than her actual name..!

kraznos 04-18-2010 08:15 AM

Hold me closer ---- ------ ,count the headlights on the highwaaaaaay.

blaine 04-18-2010 08:35 AM

In the instructions that come with the"SPITFIRE" it says to rest the shield on top of the headlight to stop vibration.Way to low. I have mine just about to the of the speedometer.and on same angle as the forks.We are both about the same height so this should work for you.Almost forgot no wind!!

blaine 04-18-2010 08:36 AM

In the instructions that come with the"SPITFIRE" it says to rest the shield on top of the headlight to stop vibration.Way to low. I have mine just about to the of the speedometer.and on same angle as the forks.We are both about the same height so this should work for you.Almost forgot no wind!! :hide:

alantf 04-18-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraznos
Hold me closer ---- ------ ,count the headlights on the highwaaaaaay.

Still ????????????????

kraznos 04-18-2010 10:18 AM

Elton John's Madman across the water album track one.

alantf 04-18-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraznos
Elton John's Madman across the water album track one.

Now I've got it! (looked it up :) ) Can't say I recall ever hearing it. :cry: Although it seems appropriate for the relative size of the bike. :)

Mercutio57 04-19-2010 06:30 AM

That's it-- "Tiny Dancer." It's about a a real woman, by the way-- the lyricist's first wife, who was a dancer as well as a "seamstress for the band."

On the windshield, I tried a new positioning yesterday and still no dice: No matter which way I set it there is some very annoying turbulence, much worse than wind "au natural." I may play with it a bit more, but more likely it's destined for the next yard sale.

kraznos 04-19-2010 06:38 AM

About your windscreen, when I got my bike home,(used), it had a windshield installed that I promptly removed,but I did ride a bit with it on and it worked well. I just think less is more on a smaller bike so I removed it. The windscreen is a Suzuki 22T that the previous owner had installed at a dealership.14"H x 17"W.

Mercutio57 04-19-2010 06:41 AM

I agree about less being more, especially on a small bike.